All orders in the market of a trading pair are displayed in a stack of orders known as the Order Book (OB). The OB shows all Bids and all Offers ranked in order of price.
The orders are stacked with the best price (Best Bid and Best Offer) at the very top and each subsequent layer characterised by a worse price below.
The volume of orders at each price level is also shown through the volume Total on each price level
In this snapshot of the BTC/USD OB the Bid side shows:
- The best Bid (best price you can sell at) is $55,239.90 with an amount of 0.04 BTC available
- The next best price is 55,239.22 with an amount of 0.04 BTC available
- The total amount available at both these prices is shown as 0.09 BTC (rounded)
- And so on until the worst price in the book which is $12,500 with an amount of 0.0 BTC (rounded)
- The total aggregated amount available from the best bid to the worst bid is shown in the total column as 0.23 BTC
- For Limit orders and Stop Limit orders, the Limit price can be quickly populated by mouse-clicking on any price in the orderbook
- The -/+ signs above the order book can be used to increase or decrease the price range of each layer thereby increasing or decreasing the amount available within the layers in the book
- A resting order (Limit and Stop) submitted below the best price will sit in the book until executed and will be highlighted in the order book for easy visualisation
Examples, diagrams, and charts are for illustrative and educational purposes. INX relies on information from various sources believed to be reliable, including from customers and third parties, but cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. INX is not engaged in the business of the offer, sale or trading of securities, is not registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and does not provide legal, tax, or investment advice. Cryptocurrency and other digital asset holdings are speculative in nature and involve substantial risk, including the risk of complete loss. Learn more about these risks here.
© 2021 INX. All rights reserved.